Vencorex commits to ensure the compliance of its products with applicable regulations in the countries where they are placed on the market, all around the world.
100% of substances manufactured in Europe are registered according to EU REACH requirements.
Development of environmentally-friendly products:
•Easaqua™ product range designed for waterborne polyurethane formulations
•Tolonate™ LV series: 100% solids low viscosity products particularly well adapted to low VOC formulations
•Tolonate™ X FLO 100 : partially bio based, solvent free with extremely low viscosity aliphatic isocyanate polymer
EU Reach Restriction Usage
New European legislation on aromatic and aliphatic diisocyanate-containing products, entered into force on August 24, 2020.
The restriction is NOT A BAN : isocyanates will continue to be available on the European the market. But industrial and professional users exposed to diisocyanates containing more than 0,1% isocyanate monomer in Europe will have to have successfully completed a minimum standardized mandatory training on safe use of diisocyanates.
Every employer has the responsibility to train his/her own employees.
The new legislation will apply after 2 transition periods:
- As of 24 February 2022: supplier have to provide the information on the packaging: “As from 24 August 2023 adequate training is required before industrial or professional use”
- As of 24 August 2023: all users of products with monomer > 0,1% must have successfully followed a training before use.
Even though products containing < 0,1% isocyanate monomer are exempted of these obligations, it is recommended to follow the training in all cases.
The aim of the training is to improve the safe use and handling of diisocyanates and therefore reduce the risk of occupational professional exposure.
Training content has been created by ALIPA/ISOPA and some Downstream user associations in a joint industry effort.
For more information, please visit Alipa website ALIPA | European Aliphatic Isocyanates Producer Association
USA Product Stewardship
Vencorex US, Inc. provides quality products that are produced in a safe, environmentally protective and cost effective manner to meet or exceed the requirements of our global customers.
Vencorex US Inc. is an active member within the ADI panel at Americal Chemistry Council (ACC).
- Since 1988, the ADI panel represents the U.S. companies that manufacture or import aliphatic diisocyanates.
- It monitors regulatory and legislative actions that may affect the industry and supports scientifically sound research and advocacy on health, safety and environmental matters.
- The ADI Panel works with government health agencies to study aliphatic diisocyanates
- Learn more at: https://www.americanchemistry.com/industry-groups/aliphatic-diisocyanates-adi
- Found out more details on Environmental Health and Safety (americanchemistry.com)
- View more resources and visit the Product Stewardship Library (americanchemistry.com)