Vencorex is a world leader of aliphatic isocyanates (HDI, IPDI) and their derivatives, sold under the Tolonate™ and Easaqua™ brand names. Vencorex products are specifically designed to be used in high performance polyurethane coatings for automotive (OEM and refinishing), railway and aerospace, general industry, plastic and wood, coil and can, leather finishing and adhesives.
Vencorex is a fully owned subsidiary of PTT Global Chemical (GC), a leading global chemical company for better living. Vencorex has 3 manufacturing sites (Grenoble, France; Freeport, TX, USA and Rayong, Thailand), 2 lab units (Lyon, France and Shanghai, China) and a global commercial network.
Vencorex US Inc., has an immediate opening for an EHS Manager at its Freeport, Texas facility.
Reporting directly to the Site Manager, the EHS Manager will be primarily responsible for overseeing environmental reporting to the relevant governing bodies to ensure that the facility adheres to the relevant compliance standards. In addition, the HSE Manager will take a key role in RCRA waste backup and act as the technical lead.
- Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
- Supervises EHS staff including determining objectives and performance reviews.
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings.
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ensures Environmental Reporting.
- Ensures Water usage reporting to TWDB.
- Resolution of environmental questions.
- Ensures the preparation and submission Environmental Permit application.
- Represents the Freeport Plant and NA Business in global technical meetings, industry and product groups (ADI Panel, LEPC).
- Ensures Freeport policies, procedures, documents (MSDSs/SDSs) and practices meet requirements.
- Performs Management Representatives duties for ISO45001 and ISO14001 including MR mtg planning, coordination and minutes
- Reviews and approves of all MOCs for EHS
- Reviews and approves of incidents report for EHS
- Contributes to the training for SPCC, TSCA, Q&E issues/topics (Annual Training Day)
- RCRA(waste) backup and Technical lead
- Industrial Hygiene for Freeport
- Primary contact with TCEQ and OSHA on EHS issues.
- LDAR program coordinator
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required is desirable
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience within HSE role from within chemical industry
- Experience from coatings, organic chemical facility would be preferred
Interested candidates should submit their resume for confidential consideration to:
- Vencorex US Inc.
- Email: email@example.com
- Principals Only: NO PHONE CALLS